Skip Navigation

Detail Detail
This table is used for column layout.

Frequently Asked Questions
Q:  Where do I call for a BURN PERMIT?
A:  Call the Florida Forest Service at 1 (386) 985-7865.

Q:  Who do I call about my TV CABLE bill?
A:  Call your cable company, i.e., Comcast at (386) 668-8689 or Spectrum at (855) 344-9278.

Q:  How to dispose of old CELL PHONES?
A:  Drop off at City Hall or the District VI Sheriff's substation located at 94 S. Charles R. Beall, DeBary.  Make sure your service has been disconnected.  Old cell phones will be donated to Domestic Abuse Council.  

Q:  How do I sign up for CODE RED?
A:  Code Red is accessed through Volusia County. To sign up Click here

Q:  Where to call to report a CODE VIOLATION?
A:  Call Steve McLaughlin, Neighborhood Improvement Officer at (386) 601-0209 or email

Q:  What is the number for the DeBary SHERIFF’S SUBSTATION?
A:  The number is (386) 668-3830.  To ask for a deputy to come to your location, call (386) 736-5559 (24/7).

Q:  Is there a leash law for DOGS?
A:  There is a control law for dogs, meaning the animal must be under physical restraint when outside.  (See DeBary Code Section 10-43).

Q:  What is the phone number for DOMESTIC ABUSE?  
A:  DeLand (386) 255-2102       Statewide 1 (800) 500-1119.

Q:  Where do I call with questions regarding the FIRE DEPARTMENT?
A:  City of DeBary contracts with the City of Orange City to provide municipal fire services.~ Both DeBary Fire Station at 93 S. Highway 17/92 and Orange City Station at 743 Harley Strickland Blvd. provide service to the City of DeBary.~ In an emergency, please call 9-1-1.~ For questions on Fire Services, please call Fire Services Administration at (386) 775-5460. ~

Q:  Who do I call concerning HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION?  
A:  You may call the Property Appraiser's Office at (386) 775-5257 or visit their website at  This is also the contact number if you would like to file a dispute about the assessed value of your home.

Q:  What is the number I call about a HORSE OR COW running loose?
A:  Call the Volusia County Sheriff’s Dispatch Services at (386) 736-5999.

A:  Go to the Volusia County Administrative Office at 2744 Enterprise Road in Orange City.( (386) 736-5936).   The Office hours are 8 AM to 5 PM weekdays.  A driver’s license is required.  You can also buy licenses online at Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission’s website at
If you encounter any issues in finding information or making a payment, please contact

Q:  When is the DeBary Public LIBRARY open?
A: The Library, located at 200 North U.S. Highway 17/9.  The number is (386) 668-3835.  
Open:  Mondays 9:30-6 PM, Tuesdays 9:30-7:30 PM, Wednesdays 9:30-6 PM, Thursdays 9:30-7:30 PM, Fridays & Saturdays 9:30-5 PM

Q:  Where do I call to report a LOST OR FOUND ANIMAL?
A:  You may contact DeBary animal control at (386) 775-9999.  You may also check with area shelters:

Halifax Humane Society                  Southeast Volusia Humane Society                West Volusia Humane Society
2364 W. LPGA Blvd.                              1200 S. Glencoe Rd.                                     800 Humane Society Rd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32120                 New Smyrna Beach, FL 32170                              DeLand, FL 32720
Phone: (386) 274-4703                           (386) 428-9860                                          (386) 734-2450

While DeBary is in Volusia County, given the close proximity, you may wish to also contact:

Seminole County Animal Services
232 Bush Blvd.
Sanford, FL at the Seminole County Five Points Operations Center
(407) 665-5201 or dispatch (407) 665-5110

Q:  How do I obtain a PERMIT for building, signs, or fences?  
A:  Call the DeBary Building Department at (386) 601-0212.  Please see Home Page for the DeBary Building Department

Q:  Where do I call with questions on POISONS?   
A:  Call the Florida Poison Information Center at 1 (800) 222-1222.  This number is available 24 hours/7 days.

Q:  What is the phone number for the DeBary POST OFFICE?  
A:  Contact Numbers:  Phone: (386) 668-5468    Fax: (386) 668-7193  TTY: (877) 889-2457
     Toll-Free: 1(800) Ask-USPS® (275-8777)

Q:  Where do I call to report road or sidewalk problems and POTHOLES?
A:  Call DeBary City Hall at (386) 601-0207 to report the address closest to the problem.

Q:  Who do I call concerning my PROPERTY TAXES?  
A: Call the Property Appraiser's Office at (386) 775-5257.  That is also the number to contact if there is a dispute about the assessed value of your home.

Q:  Where do I call to remove nuisance RACCOONS or opossums?
A:  Removal or relocation of nuisance wildlife such as snakes, raccoons, opossums, armadillos, alligators when located on private property is the responsibility of the property owner.  Contact the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission at 1 (888) 404-3922 or visit the website: for wildlife assistance or a list of private trappers.  The list of trappers is provided as a courtesy of the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission as a public service.  The commission does not regulate or endorse the trappers.    

Q:  Where do I get a RECYCLING BIN?  How can I have a LARGE APPLIANCE picked up?  
A:  Call Waste Pro at 1 (386) 788-8890  to have a recycling bin delivered to your home and to schedule pickup of large appliances. More information.

Q:  What is the number I call if I need a SHERIFF’S OFFICE DEPUTY at my location?
A:  Call (386) 736-5999, press zero, to ask for a Deputy – Available: 24 hours/7 days

Q:  STREETLIGHT out or flickering?  
A:  Note the numbers on the metal tag on the pole, the closest street address to the pole, and then call Duke Energy at 1 (800) 228-8485 or FPL at 1(800) 226-3545.

Q:  What are names of local animal TRAPPERS?
A:  Local TRAPPER information as listed on the FWC web site :  Trappers are listed as a public service and are not regulated or endorsed by the City of DeBary or FWC.

Q:  Where do I call when my TRASH is not picked up?  
A:  Call City Hall at (386) 601-0238.  Trash pickup begins at 6 AM and continues until 8 PM.  If you are not sure of your pickup days, call City Hall.  Pickups are made as scheduled throughout the year, except in the event of a disaster.   

Q:  Where do I call to discuss WATER service?
A:  Call Volusia County Utilities at (386) 736-5971.  Water bills may be paid at the Volusia County Administrative Office at 2744 Enterprise Road in Orange City.  Open 9 AM to 5 PM Weekdays.  For watering schedule, click HERE.

Q: Where do I call regarding attacks, problems or injured WILDLIFE?
  • Attacks, contact dispatch at (386) 736-5999 (the appropriate agencies will be notified).
  • Wildlife law violation, contact Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission at (888) 404-3922.
  • Nuisance alligators, contact Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission at (866) 392-4286.
  • Other nuisance or injured wildlife, contact Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission at (800) 955-8771.      

City of DeBary, FL
16 Colomba Rd, DeBary, FL 32713
Phone: (386) 668-2040  Fax: (386) 668-4122