The DeBary Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1953 to provide fire services to the citizens of DeBary. Today the department has evolved to be a combination department of volunteer and paid firefighters that provides administrative and logistic support under contract with the Orange City Fire Department.
Station 33, DeBary is located at 75 S. Charles Richard Beall Blvd., in DeBary and is staffed by men and woman twenty four hours per day, seven days per week with a minimum of three firefighters per shift including a shift lieutenant. The department provides Advanced Life Support Service and fire support utilizing a fully equipped engine, water tender, brush truck and a support truck which functions as a rehab unit on large operations.
The DeBary Volunteer Firemen’s Association was founded in 1952 to provide support to the DeBary Volunteer Fire Department. Comprised of members of the community and volunteer firefighters, members devote their time to support the fire department by fundraising and providing community presentations. Membership in the Association is prerequisite to becoming a volunteer firefighter. The DeBary Volunteer Firemen’s
Association offers three levels of membership: Association Member, Volunteer Firefighter, and Fire Support. Citizens of DeBary are invited to join the Association. For more information, please call (386) 668-0269 or email email@example.com
Citizens first met to form a fire department in October of 1952. The DeBary Volunteer Firemen’s Association was incorporated on June 23, 1953, and continues its service to this city today.