DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The duties and responsibilities of the Development Review Committee (DRC) shall include:
1. Reviewing all applications under the Land Development Code to include: delineating areas of noncompliance with City development requirements; and defining steps necessary to bring applications into compliance with City development requirements.
2. Approving applications for development orders.
3. The Development Review Committee makes recommendations to City Council for approval, approval with conditions or denial of a development order including those for large site plans. The Development Review Committee shall approve, approve with conditions or deny a development order for small site plans; small site plans shall not require City Council approval.
Membership of the Development Review Committee shall include the following, or their designated representative:
1. The Planning Administrator, who shall act as chairman;
2. Two additional members who shall be appointed by the City Manager.
3. County, local, state or federal agencies may be consulted by the Development Review Committee for advice or recommendations on any matter or application being considered by the DRC.
The Development Review Committee shall meet at least twice per 30 days at such place as determined by the Committee. A schedule of the meeting times and places shall be adopted annually by the DRC. All applicants having requests to be reviewed by the DRC shall be invited to attend and participate in the meeting.
Any person claiming to be aggrieved by a decision of the Development Review Committee may file a written appeal with the City Manager within 30 days after the date said decision is rendered in writing in order to have the decision reviewed by the City Manager. The appeal shall state fully the specific grounds for the appeal and all of the facts relied upon by the petitioner. The City Manager may consider those items specified in the petition and any related new evidence. The City Manager may, upon appeal, reverse, affirm or modify any recommendation of the Development Review Committee.