|City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: Ft. Florida Road Roadway & Utility Design Contract with CPH
From: Ron McLemore, City Manager
Meeting/Hearing Date: January 3, 2018
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
( X) Supporting Documents/Contracts
City Manager is requesting the Mayor and City Council to authorize the City Attorney and City Manager to finalize a contract with CPH Engineers, Task Order No. 2017A, to perform the design of roadway and utility improvements of Fort Florida Road between US 17-92 and Barwick Road, as provided in the interlocal agreement with Volusia County, Agenda Item 12-1 January 3, 2018, in an amount not to exceed $110,000.00
This agenda item is needed at this time to implement the provisions of the joint project agreement with Volusia County Agenda Item 12-1 January 3, 2018.
Nothing in the approval of this design contract compels the City to fund construction. City and Volusia County Utility staff worked out a roadway and utility construction agreement to expedite the development of properties along Fort Florida Road with existing development entitlements between US Hwy. 17-92 and Barwick Road. The agreement provides that the City and the County would split the cost of the design 50/50. The design should be completed in six months.
- The total $110,000.000 cost of the City's portion of the design cost will be paid from the Economic Development Fund. Any funds left over will be reimbursed equally between the City and the County.
- The cost of the design is $179,832.00.
- A $40,168.00 contingency has been included due to the uncertain bridge related structural engineering that will be needed that can only be determined following the completion of geotechnical studies.
- The estimated construction cost for the project is as follows:
Roadway Improvements $ 1,000,000.00
Utility Improvements $ 1,000,000.00
- The Construction cost would be funded as follows:
Utilities $ 1,000,000.00 100% County
Roadway $ 1,000,000.00 Developer-City Funds
It is recommended that the City Council:
- Authorize the City Attorney and City Manager to finalize the attached agreement with CPH Engineers, Task Order No. 2017A, for the design of roadway and utility improvements along Fort Florida Road between US Hwy 17-92 and Barwick Road in an amount not to exceed $ 110,000.00
- Authorize the City Manager or Mayor to execute the final agreement with any minor charges required.
- Authorize the cost of the design project to be paid from the Economic Development Fund.
Attachments: CPH Agreement
Schedule: This project should be completed in June 2018.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other