|City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: CDBG Rob Sullivan Emergency Road
From:John Fletcher, Parks & Recreation Director
Meeting/Hearing Date: December 21, 2016
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
(X) Supporting Documents/Contracts
Staff is requesting (1) City Council approval of the lowest bidder Whitehouse Contracting, LLC for the FY 2015/2016 CDBG grant cycle project of an emergency access road at Rob Sullivan Park, resulting in an $82,385.64 savings over the initial bid, and (2) authorize the Finance Director to prepare a related budget amendment for future Council approval.
This request is needed at this time to proceed in completing the project as specified in the CDBG Grant award.
- The first sealed bid provided only one bid at $283,065.90. Council determined to go out to bid a second time.
- The second sealed bid process yielded three bids. Central Florida Environmental Corp @$284,505.90; All Terrain Tractor Service @$245,024.93 and the lowest bid of Whitehouse Contracting LLC. @$200,680.26.
- The second bid resulted in an $82,385.64 savings compared to the first bid.
- As shown in Attachment "A", to complete the FY 2015/2016 CDBG project using the lowest bid will require using $127,500 CDBG Grant Revenue, $52,500 Park Impact Fees, and $52,444 of general revenues.
- A budget amendment will be required to carry the FY 2015/2016 CDBG project into FY 2016/2017 and will be presented to City Council in an upcoming regular meeting.
Approve the lowest bidder, Whitehouse Contracting LLC at a cost of $200,680.26 for the FY 2015/2016 CDBG Project, and a budget amendment to follow.
A Project Budget
B Bid Results
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other