City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: FDOT Traffic Signal Maintenance Agreement
From: Alan Williamson, Public Works
Meeting/Hearing Date: 7 December 2016
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
( X ) Supporting Documents/Contracts
The City of DeBary has a contract in place with FDOT (Traffic Signal and Compensation Agreement Contract ARX61) for the maintenance of four intersections with traffic signals within the city. An amendment to the contract provides the following changes:
- Simplified language for penalties and retainage
- Changed responsibility for pursuing 3rd party damage insurance from Maintaining Agency to FDOT.
- Added Force Majeure clause to remove liability from both the Maintaining Agency and the FDOT in the event of an Act of God, etc.
- Changed responsibility for periodic mast arm maintenance from Maintaining Agency to FDOT.
- Increased time to repair critical detectors to 90 days (previous agreement was 60 days).
- Decreased inspections to 50% of signals every year (previous agreement was 100% per year).
- Added new Exhibit C with form for reimbursement for 3rd party damage.
The Traffic Signal Maintenance and Compensation Agreement is effective from 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 and the amendments were a result of discussions between FDOT and local agencies. Staff request Council approve the amended Traffic Signal and Compensation Agreement contract number ARX61.
Recommended motion to approve the amended FDOT Traffic Signal Maintenance and Compensation Agreement contact number ARX61.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other