City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: TOD Planning Study
From: Ron McLemore, Interim City Manager
Meeting/Hearing Date: September 7, 2016
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( X) Other
( ) Supporting Documents/Contracts
City Manager requesting City Council to:
1) Approve Phase "1" of Task Order #2, herein included as Exhibit “A” of the City’s
Continuing Services Contract with Associated Consulting International (ACi)
to perform a community center planning study, and
2) Approve a budget of $18,000 for the project including a fee of $15,000 and potential
incidental costs of $3,000.
The goal of this study is to provide the information that will give the City and the public the opportunity to make an informed decision regarding the potential construction and operation of a new community center.
To accomplish this goal, the objectives of this study will be to:
1) Actively engage the community,
2) Define the programs to be housed in the facility,
3) Develop a building and site footprint of the facility,
4) To explore possible sites for the facility based upon the footprint requirements, and
5) To provide a preliminary probable cost estimate.
Considerable interest exists in the community to have a community center that will provide a focal point for community activities desired by the various population groups in the city.
ACi is a Winter Park firm with extensive experience in the development of public facilities and will associate with GreenPlay LLC, one of the leading designers of community center type facilities in the country, and a firm with a strong Florida presence.
Funding of the $18,000 budget for this project is available in the General Fund.
It is anticipated that final completion of this study will require six to eight months due to the extensive public enforcement planned in the study and the holiday season.
Approve this funding, and contract with ACi to perform the community center study in the amount of $18,000.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other