|City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: Final Plat-Shoppes at Pine Meadows
From: Matt Boerger, Planning Director
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Supporting Documents/Contracts
DeBary Retail Investment, LLC., is seeking final plat approval for parcel ID number 27-18-30-00-00-0170. The proposed plat includes lots 1, 2, 3, & 4 as well as a stormwater tract. The subject property is located at the northeast intersection of U.S. 17-92 and Pine Meadow Drive and is approximately 17 acres.
The proposed plat is a part of the Shoppes at Pine Meadow project. The applicant intends to subdivide the property into four parcels.
The plat has been reviewed by the City’s Surveyor for conformity with Chapter 177 of the Florida Statutes.
Land Development Code Regulations
The Final Plat application meets the provisions of Section 4-46 Final Plat, of the Land Development Code.
Findings of Fact
The request was reviewed by the City Planning Director and City Surveyor and all comments and concerns of the reviewers have been addressed and corrected.
If City Council approves this application, it has determined that the applicant’s request for Final Plat approval meets the requirements of Chapter 4, Section 4-46 Final Plat, of the Land Development Code.
Approve the Shoppes at Pine Meadow Final Plat subject to the following conditions.
- The applicant shall work with Staff and the City's Attorney to revise any final outstanding issues with the Plat notes, associated dedication of easements, conveyances and/or other applicable tracts of land to the appropriate entities.
- The applicant shall provide a Developer’s Guarantee to the city based on the Engineer’s Opinion of Construction Cost which was submitted by CPH on February, 12, 2016.
- Required or guaranteed improvements. Neither a final plat development order nor a certificate of occupancy for building development shall be issued until the developer has installed the improvements required by this Code or has guaranteed that such improvements will be installed.
- The developer's guarantee, in lieu of installation of improvements, shall be in an amount that is 115 percent of the construction costs of all improvements, including landfill, as estimated by the developer's professional engineer or architect and verified by the City Development Engineer or City Manager as appropriate. Such guarantee shall be in the form of one or more of the following: certified check; bond; cash deposited in an escrow account; a first mortgage on his property; letter of credit; or such other guarantee approved by the City Attorney. Such guarantee may be reduced from the original guarantee on a pro rata basis according to the value of any improvements installed as verified by the City Development Engineer or City Manager, as appropriate.
- In the case of building development pursuant to a granted development order, only landscaping and/or tree replacement improvements may be guaranteed by the developer prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy. All other required improvements shall be installed and approved prior to the issuance of a certificate of occupancy.
- Payment of all required fees, deposits, and costs may be applicable or required pursuant to the Land Development Code, and other applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations shall be paid to the City prior to final plat recording. The applicant shall be responsible for all recording costs associated with the plat and related documents.
- The original signed plat mylar and all original executed plat related documents are to be promptly recorded in the Public Records of Volusia County, Florida, after final plat approval and only after satisfaction of all conditions of plat approval. Upon recording of the plat and plat related documents, the applicant shall provide the City with a recorded copy of the plat and plat documents to evidence proper recording.
- It is the responsibility of the entity subdividing the land to ensure that all applicable requirements of the Land Development Code and Florida Statutes relative to the subdividing and development of property are met prior to the final plat approval and recording. The lots on the plat shall not be conveyed unless and until the conditions of approval have been satisfied and the plat as well as the plat related documents have been fully executed and recorded in the public records.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other