City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: Approval of Jobs Growth Incentive Agreement with Odor Control Products & Equipment, LLC (OCP&E, LLC)
From: Roger Van Auker, TOD Marketing Director
Meeting/Hearing Date: September 2, 2015
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
(X) Supporting Documents/Contracts
OCP&E, LLC is a company which specializes in odor control equipment and chemicals for publicly-owned treatment works and industry using patented wet scrubber chemicals to replace traditional scrubbants such as sodium hydroxide and sulfuric acid to control organic and inorganic odors.
It is anticipated that by the end of their second year a total of eight (8) new positions will be added with an annual salary range of $54,771.00.
The Jobs Growth Incentive Program was enacted by Ordinance #13-98. The Ordinance provides for incentives to entice and assist companies with relocating to the City of DeBary. OCP&E, LLC will locate its business operations in the City of DeBary and lease a building at 290 Springview Commerce Drive, Suite 2.
The Company will:
1. Locate at least four (4) employees with an average salary of $54,771.
2. Add up to eight (8) new employees within the first two (2) years of continued operations with an average salary of $54,771.
3. New permanent jobs created will be for a minimum duration of two (2) years.
4. OCP&E, LLC is investing approximately $366,286 for start-up and other related costs.
The City of DeBary has made an incentive offer that could total up to $22,000. The following incentive was offered to assist OCP&E, LLC in offsetting the cost of locating to the City of DeBary.
1. $1,500.00 for each employee relocated to the City of DeBary. The job creation grant would total $6,000 for the first 4 (four) employees OPC&E, LLC would relocate.
2. $2,000.00 for up to a maximum of eight (8) additional employees hired within the first 2 years of operation. This equates to a maximum of $16,000 for the eight (8) additional employees.
Approve the Jobs Growth Incentive Agreement with OCP&E, LLC to relocate their offices to the City of DeBary in an amount not to exceed $22,000.00
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other