City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: TOD Marketing Director Update
From: Roger Van Auker
Meeting/Hearing Date: June 3, 2015
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
( ) Supporting Documents/Contracts
The following represents a brief list of tasks that have been engaged this past 30 days+/-
1. Meet with 65% of TOD property owners discuss TOD regulations as it relates to their land.
2. Meet with Team Volusia and updating and expanding web site information.
3. Met with MEDO Municipal Economic Development Organization. Establishing relationships with other local government economic developers.
4. Meet with David Hamstra Pegasus Engineering. Discuss the development of Master stormwater system and other land alternatives within the TOD.
5. Review and work on the development of TOD Regulations.
6. Meet with Central 28 Beer Company and finalize Economic Development agreement.
7. Met with Rail Road CJ Bridges regarding work in progress behind TOD area building spur to Conrad Yelvington and advised them of drainage concerns.
8. Follow up with previously interested business owners regarding move to DeBary TD Bank building, they were interested in prior, now have decided to move into Ormand / Palm coast area.
9. Communicating with Barry Neal Carpets Inc. regarding move into DeBary expand flooring business and purchase two large existing empty buildings 901 & 903, 24,000 sq. ft.
10. Meet with Biotech as follow up regarding TOD properties and potential expansion of Master stormwater.
11. Meet with Empire Cattle encourage them to resubmit their previously submitted RPUD for the Fort Florida Property, studied the previously submitted application and recommending minor changes.
12. Study Brownfield regulations and advantages.
13. Meet with FP&L regarding City of DeBary curb appeal, building relationship with FP&L and work together to make a better presentation of Lake Konomac at Fort Florida Road.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other