City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: Approval of Jobs Growth Incentive Agreement with Central 28 Beer Company
From: Roger Van Auker, TOD Marketing Director
Meeting/Hearing Date: June 3, 2015
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
(X) Supporting Documents/Contracts
Central 28 Beer Company is a family run, community focused craft brewery producing high-quality American and Belgium style ales being distributed by Coors Brewing Company.
It is anticipated that by the end of their second year a total of eleven (11) new positions will be added with an annual salary range of $30,000-38,000.
The Job Growth Incentive Program was enacted by Ordinance #13-98. The Ordinance provides for incentives to entice and assist companies with relocating to the City of DeBary. Central 28 Beer Company will locate its business operations in the City of DeBary and lease a building at 290 Springview Commerce Drive, Suite 1.
The Company will:
1. Locate at least five (5) employees with an average salary of $38,000.
2. Add up to six (6) new employees within the first two (2) years of continued operations with an average salary of $30,000.
3. New permanent jobs created will be for a minimum duration of two (2) years.
4. Central 28 Beer is investing approximately $700,000 for start-up and other related costs.
The City of DeBary has made an incentive offer that could total up to $6,800. The following incentive was offered to assist Central 28 Beer in offsetting the cost of locating the microbrewery/office to the City of DeBary:
1. $400.00 for each employees relocated to the City of DeBary. The job creation grant would total $2,000 for the first 5 employees Central 28 Beer Company would relocate.
2. $800.00 for up to a maximum of six additional employees hired within the first 2 years of operation. This equates to a maximum of $4,800 for the six additional employees.
Approve the Job Growth Incentive Agreement with Central 28 Beer Company to relocate their offices to the City of Debary in an amount not to exceed $ 6,800.00
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other