|City Council Meeting
City of DeBary
Subject: Approval of General Stormwater Engineering Services with Pegasus Engineering
From: Kassandra Blissett, Assistant City Manager
Meeting/Hearing Date: June 4, 2014
( ) Ordinance
( ) Resolution
( ) Other
( ) Supporting Documents/Contracts
Pegasus Engineering has exhausted the $35,000 originally awarded by the City Council on January 15, 2014. In anticipation of addressing on-going general stormwater issues (e.g., continued investigation of the reported drainage problem areas), City staff foresees a need to continue relying upon the stormwater services of Pegasus Engineering.
Since January 15, 2014, Pegasus Engineering performed the following various services for the City of DeBary:
- During this period, David Hamstra coordinated with Donny Greenough to revise the Terra Alta Exhibit and the CITGO Figure; annotated the Meadowlea on the River photographs and issued an "Action Item" email to Rebecca Hammock and the Mobile Home Park (MHP) representatives; prepared for and attended an on-site meeting with Max Hedrick (Maximum Sweepers) regarding the DeBary Commons Shopping Center stormwater pond (Ordinance No. 11-13); annotated the DeBary Commons photographs and issued an "Action Item" email to Max Herrick and City staff; reviewed the C3 Construction Settlement Agreement and the Miller Pipeline Proposal and issued review comments to Kevin Hare; coordinated with Jason Birkhead and Priscilla Villanueva to update the stormwater materials and exhibits for the Rick Dwyer meeting; prepared
for and conducted a Stormwater Overview with Rick Dwyer and Dan Parrott; coordinated with Rebecca Hammock regarding the Dr. Mulligan FEMA letter; conducted a field review of the DeBary Commons Shopping Center (Ordinance No. 11-13), Hampton Hills Court pond, and the Hampton Inn pond (Ordinance No. 11-13); prepared and mailed a letter to Dr. Mulligan regarding the base flood elevation and the existing finish floor elevation; performed a follow-up field review of DeBary Commons Shopping Center (Ordinance No. 11-13) and issued Review Comments #2 with supporting photographs to Max Hedrick; prepared and issued an email to Dan Parrott regarding Hampton Hills Court; prepared for and attended the DeBary Bayou Meeting at City Hall; met with City Council afterwards to provide a briefing of the current issues and options associated with the DeBary Bayou and Gemini Springs; prepared and issued Stormwater Update #18; conducted follow-up field reviews regarding the pond repairs for DeBary Commons
Shopping Center, Shotz Sports Bar, and Hampton Inn; prepared and issued an email and figure to Dan Parrott regarding 542 South Shell Road; coordinated with Greg Teague and Priscilla Villanueva regarding the Lakes Anna Maria, Maude and Olivia to Lake Susan (LAMMOS) subpoena / document production request; prepared and issued emails and annotated photographs to City staff regarding DeBary Commons Shopping Center and Shotz Sports Bar (final approval); performed a site inspection and met with Mr. Ron Muse regarding the drainage issues along South Shell Road and the DeBary Station; prepared and issued an email, figures and photographs to Dan Parrott and Alan Williamson documenting the South Shell Road / DeBary Station field review; coordinated with Greg Teague to format, annotate, and email the 542 South Shell Road inspection photographs to Dan Parrott and Alan Williamson; coordinated with Greg Teague and Priscilla Villanueva to complete the document production request for LAMMOS and
submitted to Seminole Reporting; reviewed the DeBary Bayou 2012 ACOE Report and coordinated with Dan Parrott regarding the Section 206 letter; prepared for the Hampton Hills Court agenda item during the 02/19/14 City Council workshop; conducted a field review with Alan Williamson regarding South Shell Road; attended the Blue Springs Alliance meeting; conducted a follow-up / final inspection of the Hampton Inn control structure repair; prepared for and attended the Volusia County Local Mitigation Strategy meeting and the Community Rating Service (CRS) Users Group meeting; prepared and issued Stormwater Update #19; and prepared for and conducted the Stormwater CIP meeting with Kassandra Blissett, Alan Williamson and Kevin Hare.
- During this period, Greg Teague downloaded and formatted the photographs for the DeBary Commons field review for David Hamstra; reviewed the "draft" Stormwater Update #18 for David Hamstra; assembled the information requested by the subpoena for LAMMOS; resized the images and assembled the photograph summary pages for flooding on South Shell Road near the DeBary Station; coordinated with the St. Johns River Water Management district (SJRWMD) (Bill Carlie) regarding the No Name Lake compliance issues; prepared a letter to resolve the No Name Lake compliance issues; attended the DEM final inspection for the Naranja Road / 2nd Street project; researched the SJRWMD permit file regarding compliance issues for the City Hall Improvements project; reviewed and updated the "draft" Stormwater Update #19
memorandum for David Hamstra; and prepared a "draft" City Hall memorandum for the wetland overflow system that was recently constructed.
- During this period, Leylah Saavedra downloaded and formatted the Terra Alta MHP field review photographs for David Hamstra; researched and coordinated with Donny Greenough regarding the existing stormwater management systems located between U.S. Highway 17/92 and Terra Alta and summarized the design criteria utilized for the Primera Office / Orange City Medical Center and the Senez / Accardi Complex (Tiffany Centre) for David Hamstra; downloaded and formatted the Meadowlea on the River MHP field review photographs for David Hamstra; prepared and submitted to DEM (Holly Swift) the quarterly report for period ending 12/31/13; prepared the Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) grant "close-out" documentation, including As-Built documentation; coordinated with Kevin Hare regarding the Ovation Construction
contract agreement and Debarment Form; prepared the "final" reimbursement request (#5) based on invoices received to date and coordinated with Jimmie Seelbinder and Kevin Hare regarding the outstanding final invoice from Ovation Construction for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; coordinated with Jimmie Seelbinder regarding a tally of all expenses reimbursed by FEMA today in comparison with the latest contract modification amounts approved by FEMA (no cost overages) for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; coordinated with DeBary staff (Barbara Poulton) regarding documentation that required Mayor Garcia's signatures; finalized the close-out documentation package and final reimbursement request package and submitted to DEM (Holly Swift) for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; prepared a summary spreadsheet of FEMA grants that benefited the City of DeBary; coordinated with Holly Swift
(DEM) regarding the additional invoices for February and March 2014 to be processed as the final invoice and also regarding site photographs requested by Juan Zaida in preparation for DEM's final inspection on 03/04/14; coordinated with Juan Zaida (DEM) and Greg Teague regarding the upcoming final inspection for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; coordinated with Juan Zaida (DEM) regarding the results of his final inspection and the project close-out for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; coordinated with Kassandra Blissett and submitted a NPDES-related article for inclusion in the newly designed City Newsletter; started addressing the DEM - Environmental RAI regarding the close-out request for the Naranja Road and 2nd Street Drainage Improvements project; and assisted David Hamstra with Stormwater Update #19.
- During this period, Johan Rodriguez reviewed of lake level data and coordinated with Jim Petersen (Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corp.) regarding staff gauge deficiencies.
- During this period, Donny Greenough updated the DeBary Drainage Atlas Maps and the Terra Alta Drainage Exhibit to reflect the two (2) permitted existing sites located between U.S. Highway 17/92 and Terra Alta (located outside the City limits); conducted field reviews of Terra Alta and CITGO (Ordinance No. 11-13) for David Hamstra; updated the DeBary Drainage Atlas Maps and the CITGO Drainage Figure to reflect the permitted site plan; prepared an 11 x 17 figure of Shotz Sports Bar; and prepared a figure for 542 South Shell Drive (Mr. Ron Muse) for David Hamstra's field review and email.
- During this period, Jason Birkhead assisted Priscilla Villanueva with the PowerPoint slides for David Hamstra's stormwater briefing with Rick Dwyer; updated lake level database and graphs; updated the 2004 CIP Exhibit; created a figure for 8 Dogwood Trail (Dr. Mulligan); created a figure for Hampton Hills Court and researched the recorded subdivision plat; researched the SJRWMD permitted plans, Technical Staff Report, and Permit for the Hampton Hills Court pond for David Hamstra; created a figure for Hampton Hills Court using the historic USGS; downloaded the new Effective FIRM panels for DeBary and printed the panels; updated the lake level database and graphs; created a figure for 260 Eagle Estates Drive; performed a field review to verify updates to the Stormwater Atlas Maps; updated the Stormwater Atlas Maps (added
recent Land Development and Stormwater CIP projects); located and printed figures for David Hamstra's Stormwater CIP meeting.
- During this period, Priscilla Villanueva assisted with the 2014 Stormwater Update PowerPoint presentation; assisted Leylah Saavedra with picking-up signed documents from the City of DeBary; assisted Leylah Saavedra with scanning and delivering the Final Inspection Request documents to Holly Swift (DEM) for Naranja Road / 2nd Street; assisted David Hamstra with annotating photographs (taken on 02/10/14) for DeBary Commons Shopping Center, and Shotz Sports Bar; copied the requested documents and CDs per the LAMMOS subpoena; assisted David Hamstra with the field review photographs of the Hampton Inn pond; and created an Ordinance No. 11-13 folder and moved CITGO, Hampton Inn, DeBary Commons Shopping Center, and Shotz Sports Bar; assisted David with Stormwater Update #19; and assisted David Hamstra with transmitting the
DeBary Stormwater Atlas Maps to Alan Williamson.
Approve Continued General Stormwater Enginering Services with Pegasus Engineering in an amount not to exceed $35,000.
City Council Action:
( ) Approved As Recommended
( ) Approved With Modification
( ) Disapproved
( ) Continued Date:
( ) Other