DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The City Clerk fulfills the duties pursuant to Article VII of the City Charter. These include performing administrative duties for the City Manager and City Council, serving as the official custodian of all City records,and completing various other tasks as necessary.
Some of the daily tasks include:
- Prepares all agendas and related materials for City Council meetings, transcribes minutes of same. Performs all preliminary and follow-up duties related to City Council actions. Attends all meetings of the City Council.
- Prepares all agendas and related materials for City Board/Committee meetings, transcribes minutes of same. Performs all preliminary and follow-up duties related to Board/Committee actions.
- Prepares all legal advertising or other advertising required by the City. Prepares and disseminates press releases as needed.
- Assists in the drafting, advertising, presentation, execution and recording of all City ordinances and resolutions. Supervises codification of City ordinances.
- Serves as custodian of all official City records; develops and implements records management procedures/techniques.
- Responsible for all public records requests made to the City; performs research for inquiries from the public, Council and staff.
- Prepares all required reports to State agencies as needed; Supervises municipal elections and qualifying of candidates for municipal office.
- Notifies the media and general public of City meetings.
If you are interested in serving as a volunteer on a City advisory board or committee, pleaseclick here to download an application or just stop by DeBary City Hall located at 16 Colomba Road, DeBary, Florida 32713
8:30 AM to 5 PM Weekdays.